Saturday, January 23, 2010

Birthday Fun!



I just love blues and browns so I used my favourite papers and stamp and put this little card together using some promarkers. I followed the sketches for OCC and Sketch Saturday and put the Happy Birthday sentiment onto the card. Although I used some artistic licence to rotate the sentiment and lace edging for the SS entry.  Not sure whether to sell this one or keep it for a friend. I quite like the simplicity of it and of course the furry ribbon!

11 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Fiona...I love those colours!
Helen x

Di said...

Really nice and put together! love those colours together and the simplicity of the sketch!

Hugs Di xxxxx

LilyPuss Cards said...

Oh this is fab..love the colours..
hugs
Jan...x

Teresa Kline said...

wow, is this ever sweet, great details and colors...congrats on your baby girl, what a blessing......have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! the images is fab! and love the colours!! Samantha :0)

mckinkle said...

Your blues and browns are lovely Fiona, I feel inspired to give the colour combo a try! Such a pretty card.

Keryn x

Rose said...

what a beautiful card! luv that paper :)
thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge this week :)

Cheryl said...

Love this,a perfect colour combo and so beautifully put together!!!
Hugs xx

Darsie Bruno said...

I love the color combination, as well! Thanks so much for joining OCC's Sketch Challenge!

Laurel said...

Oh what a cute card, love the colors. thanks for playing at OCC.

Gloria Stengel said...

I agree...perfect color combo. Love the gift stamp. Thanks for playing at OCC.